Monday, November 15, 2010

Friday Dinner


Well this past Friday, Chris actually was gone. She went to Howell to babysit her grand kids. She had a great time and I was really glad she got to do it. However,
I am next in line to do the kitchen stuff. The kids knew last week that I was going to be in the kitchen, so two of the kids volunteered to help me. I made the spaghetti sauce and cake in the morning, and then all the kids had to do was to make noodles, garlic bread, and ice the cake before dinner. Matt made the noodles, Jalen made garlic bread, and Gilbert iced the cake. Between the three of them and myself supervising, we pulled dinner off without Chris! Amazing!! I told Chris she can't do that too many times, though!
We had nine youth here Friday, Donna came and helped with horses, and then Bill and I had dinner with the kids. Because we have grown into a big "ranch family" this is all possible. Matt asked to say grace before dinner, and I know giving honor to God for our blessings is why things go so well on Fridays.

No comments: