Monday, September 21, 2009

Softball Game - Youth Center


Friday night we spent at the Jackson County Youth Center playing a softball game with the kids and their staff. We had so much fun! I think the mature adult males had more fun than the kids. They could go back in time and be kids again! Bill hasn't played ball for a very long time. Bill was never a home run hitter, but he always got on base with singles and doubles. He shined Friday night with a couple of hits. I teased him about how much slower he runs the bases, though!! I got a single my first time at bat, but I pulled a couple of muscles as soon as I left the batters box! It serves me right for teasing Bill, right?? We shared a meal together after the game of Kentucky Fried Chicken and homemade apple crisp and peach crisp. Chris made the peach crisp from peaches from our peach tree. The apples were donated by Hanover Orchard. Take a look at the pictures by clicking the link to the right.

No comments: